Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The Big Kill

Well Jesse has killed his first turkey of the season! The birds were out in rare form on easter morning. My dad -the expert (he does this for a living!)- called the bird in and Jesse got him just as he was running into the clearing. I don't know who was more excited though, my dad or Jesse. Jess says my dad jumped up and was halfway to the dead turkey before he could even put the gun down! LOL We are very proud of our men. This was a very good sized bird. I could go into details about how old it was, if it was a good fighter, and how much he had been breeding this season, but that might reveal exactly how much of a redneck I am, so we won't go there. When they brought the big boy home we took some pictures (as you can see) and my sister Beka (aka Carson) ripped some wing feathers out-southern girls, what can we say? My dad took off the tail feathers so we can dry the spread and save it. No we aren't going to mount it. I'm not that redneck. Then he cleaned it. In a few weeks, when Jess gets back from some of his trips, we're gonna have fried turkey breast. (The breast is about the only edible part of the bird, the rest is too tough.) I can't wait. This is one piece of wild game I can have while pregnant, so i'm gonna enjoy all I can!

No comments: