Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Quicky Update

Had Dr's appt. yesterday. Everything's good, despite the swollen feet and back aches. "Just keep cool" was the best advice I got. I have since lived in front of the fan.
Syd's getting more independant. She has now decided absolute nakedness is THE best thing ever! That roll of duct tape in the closet is looking like a great solution right now. But to my great relief she is talking more now. Less chinese, more real words. Her favorite new word is popcicle, and demands about a dozen of these a day. (Not that she gets them...) Now if I could only get her to keep quiet while mommy needs a nap......Guess I can't have it both ways, oh well. The terrible twos are in full swing at our house and "No" is the "on" switch for them. I ignore most, since she gives up easily, but something a little more is needed when she keeps going. Mommy's so mean. She is really sweet though. She loves mommy's belly, and affectionately rubs it and says "baby". She also bumps it with her nose and says "gonk!" but we think that's cute too. She really is a good little girl........most of the time.

1 comment:

anderson.fam said...

My kids ask for a million popsicles daily as well. And I usually give in to keep them quiet!

Stay cool, hope it's not too hot yet!