Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Down and Dirty!


Well the nesting has officially started a little earlier than I thought would happen. I've been busy, busy! And as a result, i've included the rest of the household in all my craziness! I'm making Sydney's easter dress, based on a $100 one I saw in a catalog. I've tried and suceeded at making my own laundry detergent, Thanks to Beth! (it really works pretty well) I've also planted some veggies in some planter pots. Now my seeds are outgrowing thier starter pots and are ready for the ground. Where to put them? How about where we killed the bee-attracting bushes by the back door last year? Great! Just one problem.....The stumps and roots are still there. Well daddy, get to work!
Not only did daddy get in on it (or rather forced into it) but Sydney decided to help by digging around and pulling up the big dirt clods.
Aunt Cera even got in on it and tried her hand at stump pulling. This just started as a whim, but has now escilated to include more veggies than I originaly planned. We're going to run out of room if I don't pull in the reigns on these projects!

2 comments:

Jill Marie, Angela and Mindi said...

Sounds like you are all staying really busy! Good luck with the veggies, can't wait to see pictures, and don't forget to post a picture of the Easter dress you are making.

Take care an tell Jesse HI from Angela!!!

Angela Burrows

Suzie-Q said...

Sounds like you are going to have a great harvest come Fall.
I wish I had some of that motivation, I have so many things that I need to get done but I'm too lazy to get started.
Maybe I should get pregnant again... or maybe not.