Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Bug's new room

Today I finally finished decorating Sydney's bedroom. As much as she loves Pooh, her room was way too baby-themed. So.....Now it's a fairy garden! I found some old photos online and printed them out, framed them and turned it into a wall collage of fairies. I hung a canopy over her bed and paper lanterns around her room in a sort of border-type fashion. I also put up some new sheer fabric over her black-out curtains to brighten up her room a little bit. And the cherry on top: A fabric dragonfly above her dresser/changing table. Here's the best part about all of this: I didn't pay a cent and I didn't even have to sew a thing.
I got all the fabric for free from Target (they were going to throw away their curtain displays in the dumpster, can you believe that?) I already had the frames, and wind chime. I made the lanterns myself w/ a little tape and some decorative scissors. Even though I'm super handy with the sewing machine I just tied and pinned the fabric into place where I wanted it. I'm very pleased with how it all came together. And Sydney just "ooo"ed and "aaaahh"ed all afternoon.

Pretty canopy over John Deere

Aunt Mindy's frog hamper and Bug's humidifier blend right in

This is the biggest bug in here, at least until Sydney gets bigger!

1 comment:

Suzie-Q said...

So cute. What a wonderful idea!