Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Going crazy

Now I'll be the first to admit that I'm not a patient person. And I'm almost OCD when it comes to planning. I plan everything right down to the minute. (At least the things I know I can control.) Ask Jesse about my lists. I make lists for everything, and charts, too. I'm downright quirky when it comes to being in control of organizing things. And it drives me nuts when I have to wait for deadlines before I can move to the next step. So naturally the wait (not weight, hehehe) of finding out the gender of this baby is killing me! I don't know if I should haul out Sydney's old things, or hunt down every clearance rack in Columbia for deals on blue stuff. And I haven't even let myself crack open my baby name book yet, just so I don't add to my own insanity. The worst part has been the past week, just because I get the chance to find out on Thursday. This Thursday. Like in 2 more days, ya'll. I'm gonna lose my mind! People have been asking me which gender I'd prefer and my response lately has been: "I don't care anymore! I just wanna know!!!!" (picture me pulling my hair out) I know it's just me being silly, but I really can't help it. I don't know how women did it before there were ultrasounds. I don't think I would have made it. I'd be giving birth in the crazy house......Did I mention that a flair for the dramatics runs rampant in my family? Once I do find out, rest assured the word will be spread. And I'll be able to get back to my crazy nesting that I also haven't been able to control. My only comfort is that I know I can't be the only pregnant women to lose her marbles over this gender thing, and I won't be the last. 2 days..........lets see if I can make it!

1 comment:

Suzie-Q said...

I love the finding out part too. I have friend here that don't find out and I'm just thinking to myself, WHY Would you not want to know?
I love getting everything ready for the new baby and have all the new sibling ready to met the new baby.

I'm so excited for you and I wish we were just a little closer so that you and I could really get to know each other and be come more then just friends through the blog and through our husbands.

Hope you make it through the next two days. Find something to help you keep busy.