Friday, May 28, 2010

Wierd week

For those of you who don't know, my Great-uncle Lee took his own life on Monday. He had been ill, and I suppose he just couldn't handle it anymore. I'm so glad Mom waited until I got home from work to tell me. I wouldn't have been able to drive myself home. I freaked for a few minutes then immediatly started on the kitchen. When I'm stressed I have to be busy. I can't hold still, or I'll get overwhelmed, or start to cry and neither one will help me get through the pain i'm going through. It's just better for me to keep my hands and mind on something else until the shock has worn off. Then I can handle it better, but that's just me. Needless to say there's now an assortment of organic homemade cleaning products stocking my pantry. That was only on Monday!
Tuesday was baking day and I felt better knowing that everything I was making would be served to the family after the funeral. I made 3 batches of biscuits, 2 batches of rolls, 4 different flavors of muffins, and 2 batches of mini-cheesecakes. Another plus to my keeping busy: I'm so tired by the end of the day that I have no trouble sleeping, even though my mind is very troubled.
At the funeral, I saw people I hadn't seen in almost a decade. It was wonderful to see them despite the circumstances. And it better not be another decade before I see them again (you know who you are). Catching up with them didn't take long. It was as though we had seen each other yesterday. But that's just the kind of family we have.
Thursday, (work gave me 3 days off) I made Cera do some heavy lifting for me so I can get the baby clothes sorted and see if I can get those stains out (again). Everyone was surprised to see me come in today though. I just ran out of things to do at home and needed something fresh to keep me busy. It worked. Now I'm exhausted and my feet are swollen.
I think enough of the shock has worn off for me to now process my feelings in a rational manner, like I prefer..... If not, there's always sewing!

2 comments:

Jill Marie, Angela and Mindi said...

My thought and prayers are for you and your family during this time. Wish I lived closer and could do more.

Love, Angela Burrows

Suzie-Q said...

Hope next week treats you better. You shouldn't work too hard. Don't make your self sick or anything.